Saturday 9 May 2015

The movie thought 1: Responsibilities reversed

It has just been a day after I had a start to my summer break this year. Life at college can be quite unpredictable but all of this seems acceptable to me but the uncertainty of events when I reach back home is quite uncanny. It is not that I fail to understand the ambiguity of thought processes of someone of my age, but I certainly am amazed at the viewpoints, we young individuals can come up with, even though the system has been designed to be viewed in a particular direction. It may turn out to actually portray the kaleidoscopic vision of the youth.

Well, I am not interested in giving you a movie review on something I watched recently with my family but I would never miss this opportunity to set forth my viewpoint about that very thing that made me place on my thinking cap, even if I am in my complete vacation mode. So, as I mentioned, the very second day of my arrival from college, I made a plan for a movie night with Mumma and Papa. It all seemed exciting, since I don't get to spend quality time with family, having had come home after four months. 'Piku', a delightful, light hearted movie, that set the audience in the hall, laughing away merrily to the apt script; Kudos to the writers of the script and the cast and crew for a great performance on their part.

However annoying some parents may seem, but they are our parents after all and believe it or not, we, being their kids, are even more stubborn and annoying and that is how we can actually connect with them and cope up with their tantrums when it's time for us to take care of them. That was the message, I actually managed to grab from the movie. We may scream, shout, shriek, argue and our behavior towards people may be harsh and unacceptable but our parents have a full proof way of setting things right. We may find them irritating, we may beg them to leave us alone, but in the end, they are the wise heads we seek advice from, be it any subject.

Time flies and it's really great to see brighter smiles on our parent's faces. They taught us to live life with our head held high and to live for ourselves, but how can we forget them, during the time when they need us the most. We generally lead lives based on what they decide for us, but it is mainly what they find is good enough for things to work out easily for us. I remember telling my mother today, "Mumma! The moment I return to college, I am going to have so much fun this year. I don't want to regret any part of my life, just because I was too afraid to do things my way for once." I can actually imagine her to give me a stern look at this statement, had I thought before I had uttered these words, but she was rather glad to have my approach change fearlessly, over the years I spent away from her at college. So, here's a thought. If she can believe in my adventurous self and let me explore myself and chase my dreams, shouldn't I let her free of my responsibilities and let her live for herself.

I have seen my parents work hard for me to get me all the best possible things in life. I want to make life easier for them. I know, it's easier said than done but I will put in all my efforts to set up those strings of smiles for them, when they reach those milestones, where they want a break, a break from following the societal norms and a break from abiding by those ground rules of being responsible adults. I would be the happiest person to see them feel alive again, from being my parents, I am dependent on, to my cheerful babies, dependent on me, free from those burdensome duties, we ought to perform, without a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment